1st Grade Reading Street Word Wall

Saturday, April 27, 2019
Guys, I have 18 days left in this school year. EIGHTEEN days!! Although I really do enjoy my school kiddos, I'm ready to be home for the summer with my 7 month old twin girls and 3 sons. 


This 1st Grade Reading Street Word Wall is in my teacher pay teacher store. It has been great this year! 

RESOURCE:
The resource includes the following types of weekly words - spelling, high frequency, and amazing. Words are included for review weeks-unit five. Each card is labeled with unit and weekly number. Example: Unit 1 Week 2 will read as "U1W2". 

HOW TO USE:
At the beginning of the school year, the wall will be bare. Each week, I will add words needed for the weekly story. The words will remain up for the remainder of the year. Through out the year, students will be able to use these words as review, word word, center tasks, etc...
If you prefer to display words at the beginning of the school year, that's great. Weekly words could be highlighted with tape or sticker so they can quickly be identified.
In the above photo, only high frequency words are shown. I put spelling word cards on medal rings to make portable word walls. Amazing words are also displayed as portable word walls.

STORAGE
If you chose to add words as needed, words can easily be stored in index card boxes, dollar tree sandwich containers, or ziploc bags. I store my words in ziploc bags. Fancy huh?? HA!HA!
If you are interested in checking out the Word Wall, click here
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/796996465286726127/


No comments