Phonics Lesson 2-1 Layer Two Suffix s

Monday, July 8, 2019
A couple years ago, my school adopted the Phonics First program. Not gonna lie, I was nervous when we changed programs. I'd always been a Saxon Phonics girl! I was comfortable with Saxon because I had taught it for years and years.

Fast forward..I go to the training. I learn that it is based on Orton and Gillingham. Presenters show us why and how to do whole group, small group, and individual teaching. After training, I thought "ok, I can do this". The next week, I begin to integrate things I learned during training. Weeks later, I was teaching this new program and adding my own spin to it. Now I love this program so much!! 

Although I seriously enjoy teaching this program, the curriculum doesn't come with a great deal of resources to use. I needed more. My students needed more. Therefore, I am creating resources that work well with this curriculum.

Click here to check out lesson 2-1 Suffix S literacy center activities.
Build The Word activities are a great way to have hands on activity when composing words with suffix s.
QR codes help students have extra word and sentence dictation practice.
Sentence Unscramble hands on activity has words that contain suffix s.
These centers are differentiated for lower and higher learners.
It contains recording sheets and answer keys.
Task cards are included for various ways to write words.


FYI, the Phonics First resources I create do not have to be used with the program. All resources I create can be used by anyone needing center work for phonics practice. 

I hope you check out my resources and enjoy them as much as I do! 


No comments